CURRENT JOB OPENINGS:
Reel is a financial independence empowerment platform. Launched in 2017 by Daniela Corrente and Alejandro Quilici, Reel has grown from a tiny 2-person operation into a 10-person, venture-backed technology company with our headquarters in sunny Santa Monica, California.
Our culture determines who we are and more importantly our relationships in this world. We strongly believe our culture will lead us to build the best products in our users’ best interests. Reel’s culture is positive, communicative, collaborative, proactive, and resilient. We hope to find more people like you who can help us grow and continue building and living our culture.
About the Business
As humans, we are highly aspirational and are driven by emotion. For the vast majority of humans, money is a means to an end. And in the US we have been taught that money is scary and that the only way to achieve our goals is by going into debt. At Reel, we are reducing debt-dependency by turning “save-to-buy” into a ubiquitous payment method.
Reel enables anyone to automate savings towards the things they aspire to have without going into more debt. As a Reeler, all you have to do is let us know what you want to save for, how much and how often, and our platform does the rest. We’re working towards building a passionate community of Reelers who want to achieve their goals and avoid going into debt while doing so.
If you want to help the world with their life goals in a financially responsible way, and are as passionate as we are about financial independence, we’d love to meet you. Come help us build the next financial independence empowerment platform.
About the Role
As the Engineering Lead, you will be responsible for building our technology platform, our technology team, and our engineering culture. You will be responsible for developing best practices, efficiency processes, and forging strong and respectful relationships across the company.
Our stack is AWS, Node.js, and Angular. We’re open to change in order to help the company grow better, faster, and bigger.
- Grow the engineering team by hiring, developing, and, managing both front-end and backend engineers. You will create and own the hiring process from end to end.
- Design, build and maintain the technology platform by working with your team through architecture, software design, and engineering process.
- Implement an agile development process such as Scrum or Kanban to help manage, monitor, and improve the engineering software development life cycle.
- Develop and own the engineering roadmap while collaborating with Product Management to ensure that the product and engineering roadmaps and coexist in a mutually beneficial way.
- Partner with Product Management to develop the product roadmap which will include swim lanes for projects, features, and technical debt.
- Work closely with all departments to ensure that the engineering process, communication practices, and internal customer interactions are achieving the company’s culture of being positive, communicative, collaborative, proactive, and resilient.
- Implement and maintain a data-driven culture, process, and technologies. This means identifying, creating, and supporting the appropriate analytics, BI/reporting, and monitoring platforms to enable data-driven decision-making.
- Develop and cultivate an engineering culture that supports the company’s culture, while at the same time allowing engineering to flourish and develop its own technology and quality-focused identity.
- Create a set of engineering processes to ensure high-quality software engineering from unit tests, code coverage, automation, performance measurements, service level agreements (SLAs), monitoring, continuous integration / continuous delivery, and software design/systems architecture.
- Ensure that the technology platform can grow and scale efficiently as the company grows 10x, 100x, 1000x by focusing on cost to serve metrics, scaleable software, and cloud hosting platform optimization.
- Have experience with managing engineering teams, hiring and hiring processes, career development, and coaching.
- Have experience with engineering culture development, cultivation, and modeling.
- Have experience designing, building, and maintaining technology platforms that can scale to millions of users.
- Have experience leading engineers in an agile development methodology environment such as Scrum or Kanban.
- Have experience working with Product Management teams to collaborate on roadmap creation and maintenance.
- Have a strong understanding of data models, data normalization / denormalization, database types, database configuration / optimization.
- Have experience with data pipelines, data warehouses, analytics /BI/reporting tools as well as working with internal or external customers of this data.
- Have experience with assessing the engineering environment and proposing process improvements, best practices, and high-quality engineering.
- Have experience with cloud hosting platforms such as Amazon AWS, Google GCP, or Microsoft Azure including design, development, configuration in these environments.
- Have a degree (B.S. or M.S.) in Computer Science or similar.
THIS IS AN ON-SITE POSITION
If interested send your resume to email@example.com